A safer place in a difficult environment
Multipurpose and Adaptable Solutions
Provided by Arkhomes
Build concept opens up to a wide range of housing / commercial needs
What Arkhomes are
Watch our video below:
ArkHomes from Luke Cameron on Vimeo.
The Arkhome Concept has been designed to meet an ever-growing national/international need for readily available low cost accommodation and its key features are:
- Low cost and easy to assemble (pre-fabricated system) and its modular nature makes it very adaptable and user friendly.
- The materials used are eco - friendly and extremely durable. When fully assembled the design / (by Architect and Engineer) provide a very strong but relatively lightweight structure which can resist minor earthquake tremors and storm winds up to 75mph.
- Max. 2 persons to assemble, no heavy lorries, tools, cranes / equipment necessary. All the hard work has been done for you to provide a walk – in facility after approximately 2 days.
- Outside appearance can be personalized internally and externally to suit local personal cultures.
- In addition to housing provision, the system allows back - to - back positioning to give a Swiss Chalet type roof profile, in single and double storey height - to make 6 metre wide Meeting rooms, School rooms, Military Operation centres, First aid centres, Refugee dormitories / Shelters etc. etc.
- The Modules, in whatever Plan Form required can be fitted with Buoyancy / Floatation kits (at extra cost) to enable floating in both settled and agitated water flows.
- When you tap the walls of these Arkhomes with your knuckles, the response is firm and solidly reassuring - very important psychologically!
- These 'safer - place' units are not to be compared with uninsulated, torn canvas or plastic tents so often seen in disaster areas - after the sudden event when it is all too late.
- Arkhomes modular units are a very good solution whenever comfortable, quickly - fixed accommodation is urgently needed anywhere in the world.
Roy Turner, Founder of Arkhomes, is pleased to convey the recent granting of Patent No. 1604202.0 for his invention of modular housing/accommodation.
He looks forward to working in association with gfirstLEP, The Growth Hub and the University of Gloucestershire to receive support and professional expertise. Key assistance areas of funding, marketing and strategy will greatly help to progress and realise this unique humanitarian endeavour.
There are 1.15 million families on Council waiting lists for social housing in the U.K.
BBC News | 12 Aug 2018
There are 3750 recorded persons sleeping rough every night in the UK - but there are many more unrecorded.
BBC News | 11 Aug 2018
30 thousand new homes for low, affordable rent ARE NOT being built each year - so that low-paid workers are forced into high private sector rentals - which increases poverty in the U.K.
Katie Schmucker of Rowntree Foundation | Aug 2018
Flood damage can occur almost anywhere in the USA.
BBC News | 8 Sept 2016
There are 820 sites known in the UK that are prone to flooding. 540 of these have no or minimal defences – even after the recent floods last year.
Only 280 are protected but are not 'guaranteed'.
Future UK storms are predicted to be so much worse than before.
7.6 K people living alone – creating loneliness epidemic.
BBC Horizon | Newsnight 2016 Background Figures
73 K people in temporary accommodation.
3.5 K on the Streets (no fixed abode).
300K people on Council – housing waiting lists.
90 K Children are homeless in in the UK.
"Living on a knife edge & wanting to be safe".
As of November 2017 homeless and occupants of tempororary accommodation now exceed 250 K and rising.
Past drought and flooding in Australia covering area equivalent to Germany and France combined.
Referring to my past 2014 Statements "what are we going to do?"
Diasters cause homelessness as this picture from the Daily Mail highlights
Flooding creates demand for temporary accommodation